Practical Exam 3 Study Questions – Brandon Skenandore
LAB 8: PORIFERA & CNIDARIA
- What defines & differentiates porifera & cnidaria (phylums)?
- What are the 2 forms of support for porifera?
- what are the 3 levels of body complexity in porifera?
- What are the 3 classes of sponges and what differentiates them?
- How do sponges reproduce?
- What defines the phylum cnidaria?
- What are the 3 classes of cnidarians and what differentiates them (i.e., 2 body forms?)
- In the class hydrozoa, what are the 3 hydrozoanas we studied in lab?
- In the class scyphozoa, what was the organism we studied in class?
10. What defines the class anthozoa?
11. What is the name of the anthozoan we studied (sea anemone)?
12. What is the difference between a gonozooid and a gastrozooid?
LAB 9: COELOMIC CONDITION: PLATYHELMINTHES, NEMATODA, ANNELIDA
- What are the 3 classes of platyhelminthes? What differentiates them?
- What is unique to nematodes & what are the 2 organisms we studiesd?
- What is the first class of annelids and what distinguishes them?
- What is the second class of annelids and what distinguishes them?
- What are the main organs in the earthworm we dissected?
LAB 10: MOLLUSKS
- What classifieds phylum molluska?
- What are the 3 shell layers and what are they made of?
- What are the 4 classes of mollusks? How do their body plans differentiate?
- What differentiates the class polyplacophora?
- What differentiates the class bivalva?
- What differentiates the class gastropoda? What is the organism we dissected in class and what organs were studied?
- What differentiates the class cephalopoda? (ONLY MOLUSK WITH WHAT???)
- What are the different organs of a squid?
LAB 11: ARTHROPODS
- What classifies phylum arthropoda?
- What classifies trilobites?
- What classifies chelicerates?
- What are the 2 classes of chelicerates?
- In the class arachnida, what are the 4 orders and defining features / examples of species?
- What classifies crustaceans? (think crayfish)
- What classifies myriapods and what are the 2 different classes?
- What classifies hexapods?
- What is the difference between ametabolous, hemimetabolous, and holometabolous?
10. What are the 8 common orders of hexapods & which exhibit heminelabolous development vs holometabolous? What do these mean?